Monday, October 27, 2008

Long time no blog...

It was inevitable...my dislike for computers took over the novelty of the blog. But I'm back now and hopefully my blog will continue with a little more regularity.

In my defense, there is a main reason why I have not been blogging: sickness. I usually feel sick in the evenings (prime computer time) and felt really tired for several months also. Ok, you guessed it, we're expecting!

If you don't live nearby, here is a picture of my growing body at 16 weeks. The cute shirt is thanks to my awesome mother- and sister-in law!

Do you love the dumpsters in the background? The upside is that we can toss our garbage over the railing if they're open!

Here's a picture of our little peanut at 13 weeks:

I am now at 17 1/2 weeks. Don't you love how new moms speak in weeks and days? We had a doctor's appointment last week and got to hear the heartbeat. I told Brent it was like making contact with an alien in there. It doesn't seem real until you see it or hear it. I'm not sure if I feel the baby moving or not since I don't know what it is supposed to feel like. But I think I do...

We will find out if it is a boy or girl on November 19! Woohoo!

In other news, I started a new job a few weeks ago. I am teaching at the Intensive English Program at Tech now, and I love it! My students are great, and being back in the classroom has been a ton of fun. It is a really diverse program -- we have students from 20 countries this session. It does keep me busy though since I am still taking 2 classes as well.


The last picture is our very cute pumpkin we carved last night -- this is the first pumpkin I can remember carving (but my memory is pretty horrible). It was fun to carve but it is usually too darn windy in Lubbock to keep a candle going!




9 comments:

Kelly said...

hey! your baby belly is so cute,as is your pumpkin! We are so excited for you guys on your pregnancy, and I can't wait to find out what you're having! Tell Brent hello!

annaelyse said...

so i JUST checked out your blog yesterday and no update. and now. you and your HOT belly. you are adorable. LOVE LOVE LOVE you!!!

Lisa said...

Congratulations! This is such exciting news...I'll make sure Amy checks out your baby belly. I'm having flashbacks right now of us catching some rays at your pool in high school. My, how far we've come! Loving blogland where we can keep up. Have a great rest of the week.

Sara said...

you are too cute!!! love seeing that picture! :) i will be calling you on the 19th for sure!

Louisiana Belle said...

Yeah! You've made the announcement to the blogging world! You look adorable- I know you don't always feel it, though. Can't wait to hear if this will be my first niece, or my first nephew! By the way, your pumpkin is awesome, too!

Amy Porter said...

Ok, you are off the hook for not blogging in a while!! :) I'm so incredibly excited for you!! CONGRATS!!! I can't wait to meet him/her! Please call me if you are in Tyler over the holidays! We will be there...but even if you are there at a different time, I could pop over because you're so close! I'd love to see you and catch up...and see your sweet mom!! Again, congrats! It just gets better and better! And you are right around the time I felt Mallory for the first time! It felt like popcorn popping in there! How fun that you are about to be a mom!! YEA!!!!

Jill said...

Hey girl! My sister told me to check out your blog...I am so excited for you!!! You will be such a good mommy! :) It's so fun! Although for me it's challenging right now...trying to raise a teenager and a toddler. Justin has really been testing me lately. LOL!!! Take care! Jill R

Unknown said...

You look so cute--and have changed so much since I saw you in September! Can't wait for your news on Nov. 19! Love to both of you.

The Shillingburg's said...

So great to see you guys last week!! Mom said that the shower was great. Aren't presents totally fun?? :) Hope you guys made it back to Lubbock ok. Happy New Year!!