Friday, July 25, 2008

Wells


Last Saturday Brent and I went out to a friend's house to see his invention to use wind power to pump shallow water wells. He dug this 28 foot well by himself using a hand auger and put together the wind mill using supplies bought at Home Depot (and the local Mediterranean food store) for about $250.00. We are all excited now about the possibility of traveling to Latin America or Africa to dig shallow wells so that people can have clean water. 


   If you're interested in digging wells and installing some kind of pumps, come on with us! I'll keep everyone updated on whether these dreams turn into an actual trip. I think this is a life-saving project with a relatively small financial and time investment. Check out this link for an organization called Water for All out of San Angelo. They are already doing this with a slightly different method, but they offer classes on how to dig wells and install pumps. Yahoo for clean water!


1 comment:

annaelyse said...

wow girl. sounds like you have a LOT going on. :) i'm excited to see where He leads you!!